The Best of Lisbon
- A Cevicheria chic & creative ceviche
- Bar do Peixe fish on the beach
- Bom Jardim piri piri chicken perfection
- Cafe São Bento steaks & vinho tinto
- Cervejaria Ramiro seafood & beer
- Chafariz do Vinho wine in an aqueduct
- Gambrinus classic Portuguese fine dining
- O Prego da Peixeria delectable sandwiches
- Park Bar unique location & views
- Restaurante da Adraga marvelous seafood & views
- Solar dos Presuntos sumptuous seafood
- Taberna da Rua das Flores petiscos to rave about
- Taberna dos Gordos charming comfort food
- Tartar-ia terrific tartares of all types
- Toma La Da Ca quintessential neighborhood spot
The Best Lisbon Day Trips
Praia da Adraga / Restaurante da Adraga: A pretty one-hour drive due west of Lisbon on the winding roads past Sintra and then along the Atlantic coast sits this magnificent cove with beautiful sand, stunning rock cliffs and a family-run seafood restaurant for four generations serving some of the freshest seafood in Europe with an excellent Portuguese wine list to boot.
Bar do Peixe / Praia do Meco: 45 minutes south of Lisbon transports you to a gorgeous large and long beach bordered by sand dunes and golden sandstone cliffs. You can eat well, drink well, nap well, swim well, exercise well, relax well or party well here. It is the perfect beach day.
Tomar / Convento do Cristo: Two hours by train / 1.5 hours by car takes you to delightful Tomar and the spectacular Convento do Cristo, a 12th Century walled fortress and former headquarters of the Knights of the Templar. It is a maze of cloisters, chapels and the expansive monks' living quarters built in different architectural styles over five centuries. A UNESCO World Heritage site.